Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fitness

Another set of questions but they are about my favorite topic lately so I am posting them late.

1. When you hear the word Fitness what do you think? Fitness = health. that is a mix of diet and exercise but also mental healthy. It's the entire shebang in my mind. 

2. Do you have a workout routine? What's your favorite way to workout? Boy do I ever have a routine. I recently wrote a post about it. Throughout the winter it is Monday = Body Pump, Tuesday = Body Combat + chiseled core, Wednesday = spinning (this winter it might be cardio fusion. that was offered last year) + chiseled core, Thursday = Body Pump.  Friday = Rest Day.  Saturday = Exercise Bike at home.  Sunday = whatever.  Now my routine is the same Monday and Thursday but hopefully running on Thursday too.  2 cross training days (cardio fusion, spinning, body combat, exercise bike) and then 3-4 running days a week.  I am registered for my first FULL marathon May 2011 so I need to quick slacking off.  Lately I have had 2 or 3 rest days a week. This past week I had knee problems so I took 3 days off. I ran yesterday and made it 2.75 miles before knee pain started.


3. To you, what is the purpose of exercise? I feel great after I exercise. I love the runners high. I love the feeling after I lift. I enjoy going up 3 flights of stairs at work w/o getting out of breath.  I like the creepiness when someone asks to feel my muscle. I also enjoy being able to function on less sleep since I started working out hardcore about 17 months ago.

4. Do you think it is possible to be feminine and still workout? Yes.  I believe most people at my gym are feminine. I like wearing the fitted tank over a baggy T-shirt.  Sometimes I overhear females being critical of other females who "work out all the time" but they aren't even working out that much. I think the people I overhear are just jealous.  A trainer once described me as a tank when I did the 1 minute pushup test.  Someone else told me my weight selection was impressive and deceiving. I believe I am strong w/o being gross. You can be the judge. See me at a recent race.

5. What do you think about the people who are workout obsessed? (You know those women and the gym who spend 4 hours working out and have more muscles than some men.) I actually don't see those really at my gym. My old manager was one but she solely did cardio and never lifted weights. she did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the stepper. I just thought she shouldn't keep trying to get thinner (she was thin) and she should try to add some muscle.  I know if I go to the gym at lunch more people stare at their naked bodies after a workout than I'm comfortable with. I just ignore most of those people so it's ok.  



You can also check out ModlyChic's answers

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I think it's next to impossible for most women to get too bulky through lifting weights. Without chemical help that is.

    ReplyDelete