Saturday, September 25, 2010

Color Rotation Challenge

I made this challenge up. (I hope. I did try to google it to see if I could find anything and I didn't so I still think I made it up.)

Ever since I did Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge, I wanted another challenge to keep me inspired. I have been trying to come up with a new creative challenge. I came up with a few ideas. I wasn't sure about them. Then I came up with this one.

Color Rotation means that you will rotate the colors of the rainbow plus a few neutrals. It allows you to wear a variety of things and helps you get out of a rut of wearing the same color all the time (currently I wear red half the time).

The plan is to rotate the colors. I will be starting with pink and continue with the following rotation: pink, red, orange, yellow (I only own one yellow shirt so I will skip this color in other rotations or buy more yellow), green, blue, purple, white, gray, black, brown. (The same order as my picture below.)
  1. Rotate colors
  2. Don't repeat clothes if you wore them for that color but say you wear black pants with a red shirt for red then you can repeat the black pants.  It also fits if you have cardigans and are wearing a few colors.  (This outfit would work for red or for black in the rotation as an example.)
  3. You don't have to be monochromatic. Just make sure you include the designated color somehow that day.
  4. Variations of colors work. Don't stick to colors in a crayon box. Coral, teal, turquoise, burgundy, sapphire, etc can all fit into a certain color. So make it work however you want. 
  5. If you have something special, you need to wear a certain outfit for, you can skip a day or two. Really do whatever you want. It's just for fun.
  6. Goals: Go through all colors 3 times. Wear a wide variety of things in my closet.
Who is in? If you want to join, place my banner on your blog and comment or email me so I can add you to a list of participants. I will make a post of participants once I have a few.  I'm excited. I hope you are too.

I'm starting October 1. That will give you time to get your ducks in a row if you want to start on the same day.



At the end of October I will, of course, have a follow-up post on what I learned like I did for the 30 for 30.

(BTW I made this banner myself. Aren't you proud? It's my first banner. I took pictures of my closet today for the banner. I had to do 3 photo shoots. The first time I had to remove the tank tops because seeing hangers was no good. The second time I realized I had yellow before orange.  I also moved brown from the left to the right and removed a few of my white and black things. They took up too much space.)

Update: I'm not counting shoes or necklaces and I did not mention that above. 

3 comments:

  1. Colleen! i think this is a great idea...can't wait to see rotate colors at work and i hope lots of people participate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colleen! I'm a member of the Friend Fridays group. Love this idea! I think I might want to try it, but I'm looking at my closet thinking do I have all these colors! Lol :)

    This is such a great idea.

    xoxo,
    Eboni Ife'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually only had 1 yellow shirt when I started and I was going to skip it.

    Also a suggestion my husband had was to leave neutrals out because you wear brown with other colors. same with black. so maybe next time.

    You can alter it any way you want and join in!

    It's so hard to keep up with the Friend Friday Group. I'm still working on it. I need to check it more than twice a week I think because some days there are a million posts.

    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete