Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Exercising and Running

My goal is to exercise 6 days a week with a double workout on Thursdays. This entire summer, I have failed at this. All Winter, I was fine except the week of Christmas and the week of Thanksgiving.  There were even other days I did 2 workouts.  I think it had to do with being busy, it being too hot to run at lunch or after work, and starting 9/80.

Since May 24, I have averaged 4.87 workouts per week. I guess that isn't that bad but a lot of my workouts are shorter than my desire too.  Some weeks are better than others. I only hit my goal twice.  Below are what I actually did each day with the exception of a few days where I didn't mark it down and I was going from memory.

I need to get back on the wagon here and snap into shape. I'd say that in April at least twice a week, I did spinning or pump in the morning and then I did pump or run after work.


I have made training plans. I then update them. I still don't follow them enough. I should be running 8 miles on my Sunday run. I also should be running 5 at least one other time during the week.  I know my revised (read as easier) training plan has me running at 18 or more miles a week, I hope to do 15. I am rarely close to that.
I just created a weekly mileage summary table for 2010. It is really depressing.  It's a wonder I can even run the half marathon November 1. I really need to buckle down.


Wow I'm even failing at preparing for a 10k. Last year I was even low compared to the 10k training plan.   This post keeps making me more and more depressed.  I'm also pretty sure I ran the week of the Great Race and I just didn't mark it down.  Last year I had my "week" end on a Saturday but now I make them end on Sundays.  It should still be comparable.
To make it even worse if you compare how far into a training plan for a November 1 half form what I ran last time, I am way way off. 

Someone needs to snap me out of this run.  I need to quit having so much other stuff to do. 
One thing is I've gone to cardio fusion once and body combat 3 times in the past month or so but back in February, March, and April I didn't go at all. That's still a workout but isn't a run.

Does anyone want to go for runs with me? 

PS I have more data; I just didn't post it all. I love data. I hate when data shows how much of a slacker I am though.
So everyone doesn't end up as depressed as me, here's a picture of Poly to end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment