Saturday, September 4, 2010

I must confess + my normal stuff (September 3)

Friday, September 3 should have been my 9/80 Friday off. I had to work... of course. I did get permission to not work next Friday and to swap my days off. I hope all works out.

I put on this outfit and Dave said I was confused and asked if anyone told me my 30 for 30 was over. 

I attempted to wear the white belt. It kept falling down. Then I put the buckle in the front.  It stayed up a little better but still fell down so I took it off and didn't wear it.
I also took most pictures with my hair half down but I got annoyed with it so before work I put it all up like it was the day before.

So I went into work later than my normal so I was here when Cheryl arrived. Cheryl is the cleaning lady we got. She will be coming every other week.  That's the confession.  I just felt like I had no time. 

But get this, you have to clean up all your junk in order for her to clean.
 So your bedroom floor can't have piles like this or she doesn't clean it.

That means I spent 2 hours cleaning Thursday night and 1 hour Friday morning before she arrived so she could clean most things. There were still areas she couldn't get at because I was too messy.
Your night stand also can't look like this. (It was actually worse when she arrived, but when I got home from work and saw so many things clean, it made me want to finish cleaning up and make the rest look even better.

I get to work and find out that all the changes I made to my RCA the evening before were not there. They weren't in any files. I figured it was easier to redo it than to try to dig more and more and still come up empty. Word had crashed a few times and stuff so I just figured I wouldn't pout about it and just got back to work.

I went to Body Combat at lunch.  According to gowear fit, I had 44 minutes of vigorous activity during that class. Usually I only have about 18 minutes during the 45 minute class.  I really needed the class to take out my aggression. I didn't even sweat nearly as bad as normal.
Then it was back to working on my RCA. I was done at 2 and just had to enter cause coding and such into the system.  It felt great by 4pm to be done with that thing and have it submitted in the system.
After I got home from work, I threw my bags down to start getting ready for my "picnic" that wasn't a picnic. I turned on the TV.  A few minutes later, I notice Poly found a spot on the chair and was watching TV.

My picnic that wasn't a picnic was only going to consist of 5 people.  Not too many. We made hot dogs, hamburgers, roasted potatoes, and 2 vegetables. Then there was also cookies, carrot cake, or banana cream pie for dessert. Oh there was also potato salad.  Jen brought the cookies, potato salad, veggies with broccoli and coconut rum. That was nice of her. I was freaking out from my busy week.  It wasn't a lot but it was a huge help. She didn't have to make any of it but stopping at the store was nice.
I took a picture of the table because I never have evidence of the food.  I was worried I wouldn't have enough food like I always am. I had a lot leftover.
Dave didn't like the burgers.
Dave didn't like the roasted potatoes.
The roasted potatoes had cayenne pepper and the batch that I had were so spicy I was dying. Nobody else thought they were spicy.

Chad met JD for the first time.  JD was late.  Chad was talkative until JD got there.
After dinner, we went into the family room and talked.  Chad played with Poly a lot.

Jen and I had coconut rum with pineapple juice. Jen liked coconut rum.
Jen and Chad left around 9.  JD left around 11. 
Dave, JD, and I looked at pictures of people from work on facebook for awhile. The quality of the pictures wasn't that good with viewing them on the TV and all. 

I always hope that people will come over and stay a few hours. I loved that everyone stayed awhile and loved  even more that JD stayed longer. I hate when people eat and rush out. I hate hate hate when people stay over less than than it takes to cook the stupid meal. I want them to stay extra long because cooking and setting up and cleaning always take so long.

I think there was more to say but I can't remember it any more.

3 comments:

  1. I'm kind of still catching up so the posts after this might take a few days, but, DUDE YOU GOT A CLEANING LADY! My jealousy, it is endless.

    Also, I am sorry I couldn't be at the picnic, but it looks like it was fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But a cleaning lady = you have to spend hours picking up all the stuff that is out and clean off the counters and not have clothes on the floor and clean off the dressers so you spend a long time cleaning. but then you don't have to actual dust or scrub.

    But then after everything looks clean and you just clean the rest and want to keep it clean and the wanting to keep it clean and picking up after myself is probably the best part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but we have Hank and the cats, so it is SO messy - hair and drool and stuff everywhere, no matter how many times I think I got stuff clean, it's dirty again.

    If I could just clean off surfaces and have everything scrubbed every so often, it would be awesome.
    What we really need is a wall washer. :(

    ReplyDelete