Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I think It's Time for a Haircut

Is it time for me to get a haircut?  Should I cut it shorter than normal?  Should I cut it myself?

I started this post and was going to show how my hair looks today and how it looked pre and post haircut last time.  Digging for the pictures I realize I cut my hair about every 6 months or so.
This week
February 2010
I gave myself the entire haircut in February 2010. It was the first time I cut around the back myself. Usually I just layer it after I make my husband cut my hair in the back. The time before my husband cut around back and I layered it all.  I got so many compliments on that haircut. I'm not sure of the exact date.

Before that it was August. In August I went somewhere and had them cut it for me. I used this opportunity to learn how to layer my hair better.
August 8, 2009
August 9, 2009
I am not sure of the haircut before that. It might have been November 2008 (My calendar site is lacking for November but my hair is distinctively longer in the first picture. It was November because look at this post.

This is the first time I thought about it. Usually I just happen to see the scissors so I cut it or I just decide I'm going for a haircut.  I just need to be able to get my hair in a ponytail for when I workout.

If I had the time to curl my hair and it held a curl, I would like it a little longer, but since I leave it straight most days, shorter seems to look better in my opinion. \

Should I get a haircut? Should I cut it myself, have my husband cut it, or pay someone to cut it?

3 comments:

  1. I don't cut my hair very often either which is why I think it's okay to splurge and get it done at a really nice place! I do it twice a year too! I think it would look great in a "lob" or long bob maybe a little shorter (slighly) in the back and then angled forward? Good luck deciding, it's always fun to have a change in look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else suggested a bob before too. I was just worried my hair would be too short to go in a ponytail. It was 4 haircuts ago. Other people seem to pull it off though so maybe I just need some hairclips or something too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it on the Aug. 9 2009 photo.

    ReplyDelete