Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blogger Spotlight - Ashley

I'm trying something new and having a blogger spotlight or feature or whatever you want to call it. I might make this a regular thing. For my first spotlight, I asked Ashley some questions. Ashley is awesome because she takes her photos in a different location all the time and tells me all about her day. I'm very nosy and I like hearing all the details (she says she is nosy too so that's probably why we get along so well. I mean it's like we're best friends with all the reading we do about each other.)


Where did the name of your blog come from?
I wanted something simple and catchy that made it clear what my blog was about - Ashley Getting Dressed it was!

When did you start your blog?
My first post was June 4th, 2010

Was it always an outfit of the day blog?
Yes, although I do talk about my day to day happenings in it.

How many hours per week would you say you spend blogging?
Including taking my pictures, I probably spend about 8 hours a week.

Do you spend more time reading blogs than you do writing your own blog?
I absolutely spend more time reading blogs than writing my own, but with so many great blogs out there, how couldn’t you?

How many blogs do you read on a daily basis?
I subscribe to almost 300 blogs in Google Reader, with about a hundred of them being outfit of the day or fashion blogs. I read most of those posts.

What is the main goal of your blog?
I love the feedback from readers, and I love getting to know new people. My blog has also encouraged me to try new trends that I would otherwise maybe be a little scared of (like brightly colored tights)!

Do people email you often (like I did) because they read your blog?
I get emails fairly regularly from readers. I love emailing with my readers and other bloggers and it’s something I hope to do more of in the future!

What is your inspiration?
I mostly inspired by other bloggers. While models in magazines are great, there’s something about seeing an outfit on a real, live, not airbrushed to perfection person that makes bloggers so much more inspirational to me.

Do you choose your outfit locations based on what you are wearing, just what you are near, or something else?
A little bit of both. With there being so little sunlight this time of year I’ve been taking my pictures close to work so I can catch the sunlight, but in the summer I try and look for locations that will help my outfits pop.

Do you have any siblings? How do their ages relate to yours?
I do! I have a little brother named Lewis who is 20!

From the past six months, what is your favorite outfit that you’ve worn?
Of geeze, this is so hard. I’ve had a lot of favorites recently just because I like layering and fall weather is much more conducive to that. If I had to pick just one, I would say this post just because I really liked all the pictures from that day - any time I can see 20 pictures in a row of myself that I love I consider it a victory! Plus my necklace looks like the hororux in the newest Harry Potter movie which is cool (hehe, dork alert!), 

What is your favorite picture (of you, others, or scenery) that you have taken recently?
Haha, he’d kill me if he read this, but recently my boyfriend fell asleep with his head on my lap - I took a picture with my phone and even though it’s grainy and dark, I love how sweet he looks!
From July - When I first discovered Ashley's blog
So if you haven't done so already, you should head over to Ashley Getting Dressed and read it daily like I do.  It's funny that when I looked at what her favorite outfit was, that it was something I clearly remembered.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, awesome new feature! I love Ashley, and her posts are always hilarious as well as sweet because of the outfits she comes up with! And any blogger who is also a dork (though I'm not a Harry Potter dork) gets an A+ in my book! And 300 blogs? YOWZA! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for featuring ashley! i really love reading her blog and she has awesome style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley is awesome. That's why she's my first feature.

    ReplyDelete