Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Purses

You know those purses you have under your bed, thrown in your closet, thrown in a box, and all over the floor? 
Well I hung up some hooks in my closet to hang up a bunch of my purses. All the purses are not hung up because some are still on the floor in my closet, under my bed, and in a container in my closet.

I got the hooks at IKEA. I thought individual ones are better because the hooks themselves can't be that close together because all the purses wouldn't fit.  My husband hung these up for me.  We didn't make the hooks in rows because we knew we'd mess that up so we purposely put them staggered.

I will tell you one thing. Since I hung up my purses, I have swapped purses for my outfit way more than ever before.*

How do you organize your purses/handbags?

*before I would switch in the summer, switch for an outfit but continue to use that purse for 3-4 months, swap again, use that purse for 3-4 months, and perhaps swap purses at the seasons.

3 comments:

  1. I don't swap purses very often, if ever, so I don't have that many. I do have a lot of small cluthes for going out and going to bars and stuff, and those I keep wrapped in a dustbag or just a plastic grocery bag if the purse didn't come with one, stacked neatly in a tote bag on my closet shelf. It works well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is I don't like most of my purses. I have this exact style I like and can NEVER find it. Sometimes I need smaller purses so then I swap to those.

    Why do you put them in a bag? for dust?

    I have some purses in an airtight container under my bed but not enough fit in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, it keeps dust off them. Also, since so many of them are nice evening bags, I don't want them to get messed up (sequins torn off, embellishments smushed, etc)

    ReplyDelete