Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 for 30 Outfit 8: Monday, November 15, 2010

Note I am still doing the 30 for 30 but am quite a ways behind in posting. I will get caught up. I will.
Cardigan: NY&Co
Button-down: Express (2003)
Skirt: Express
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Necklace: Target

So I wore my hair up because the length was annoying me.
I got told I was pretty so I guess I did something right.

I love this sweater.  I want to wear it everyday.
I also hate this sweater. The buttons always come undone and I haven't had time yet to sew around the holes to make them better (I did finish fixing the buttons on November 22.)

The 30 for 30 challenge helped me wear a 3/4 button-down shirt under a cardigan. I wouldn't have done that before.  I love it. I want to do it everyday now.

Tip: Tuck your button-down shirt into your pantyhose to make sure it stays tucked in.

Sadness: I forgot to wear earrings.

Good thing I'm behind. I forget what I did besides go to a funeral home after work. I had a black cardigan to change into but my brother gave me the OK to wear purple because he was wearing purple and my friend's younger brother was also wearing purple.    The funeral home was for my friend's grandma, Flo.  My brother always pretends Flo is his girlfriend. He even got introduced to people at the funeral home as Flo's boyfriend and then people said they heard about him.
More pictures and details on the up-do after the fold.


All I did to create this up-do is use my fingers to gather my hair in what could be a ponytail at the back of my head.  Then I rotated up like a French Twist. Then I put the clip in.  I did not curl my hair. This is just how it fell.  I pulled a few strands out in the front to frame my face. Super easy. That also means that half the time it usually turns out like crap with your hair going all the wrong ways.

2 comments:

  1. That cardigan rocks! You look really nice today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angeline.

    I wore it again on Friday but different people saw me so I figured it was OK.

    After I wore this I thought how I should have worn it 2 days later when I had an important meeting with a Senior VP and a few VPs.

    ReplyDelete