Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 for 30 Outfit 4: 11/11/10

I went to the gym before work today so I had to take my outfit photos after work. 
I went to the gym at lunch.  I mentioned to a friend about how I brought a belt but was too afraid to wear it earlier because too many people were around for me to eye up how I looked in the mirror.  She told me it'd look OK and there weren't many people there at lunch, so I put it on.    So the first half of the day was the same outfit without the belt. 
I then mentioned to this friend about how my tights were scary. She said tights are awesome. I've never seen her in tights though.  If so many people think tights are awesome, why are they all wearing them?
Cami: Express
Cardigan: NY&Co (11/7/10)
Pants: Victoria's Secret
Shoes: Famous Footwear (10/1/10)
Necklace: Sears (9/4/10)
Belt: Target

I just realized I wore red on Tuesday and today. I wasn't at work Wednesday so that's the equivalent of wearing the same color two days in a row. I hate when I do that.   Note I wore pants to avoid the decision about tights (well and to wear something else in my 30 for 30 and you can only wear red pants every few weeks so I had to get them in within week one... Lesson Learned from round 1 of 30 for 30)
Is the outfit better with or without the belt?


Do any of you have a red skirt or red pants that you wear to work in a corporate environment? Do you get comments on said pants/skirt? I often get comments on these like "those pants make your legs look skinny" or something about being tall. Now I wear the same heels with other pants.  I have almost identical pants in dark gray.  I think the red draws people's attention and then they comment.  (BTW my pants don't make my legs look skinny, my legs do and that's what I told the girl.)


Today I went to the gym, hung out where my meeting would, had said meeting, went to a meeting room, did some stuff, had 2 meetings, went to the gym, then finally went over to my office building.  I ate my lunch as my computer was waking up from being asleep. I finished the entire lunch before it was up and working too.

In the afternoon facilities came around asking about how bad the sun was and if it bothered me. Oh boy did I tell them about how it bothered me.  I hope they fix something like putting in thicker blinds that actually block the sun.

4 comments:

  1. I think this outfit would be really cute with a skinny patent leather belt in red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the belt makes the outfit too busy...I say no belt.

    And i wore a red skirt to work yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one I like without the belt. A wider belt, maybe.

    I have two pairs of green pants I wear to work. And burnt orange. No red though. Was it me that doesn't wear tights? Because I do, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brie, it was someone from the gym and not you. I do know you wear tights.

    ReplyDelete