Thursday, November 11, 2010

Too bad

Too bad I never return or exchange anything ever*.

The one eyeshadow in my new eye shadow from Sephora is messed up.  It's the first expensive eye shadow I bought. It's about 10x what I normally pay. And it's the first time I ever had a messed up eye shadow upon purchase.

If I would have used my good camera, you would be able to tell better but you can kind of see.  The 2nd one in is all swirly and it is about half the height of the rest. It is very hard and you can't actually get the eye shadow on the brush.

Now to exchange this, I'd have to mail it back or something. That's already too much work.  This is why I don't return anything.  I'm kind of mad.
Everything I ordered
I got the bare Minerals because of A Pretty Penny. I got the other stuff because I was talking to Jessie about how I would order from Sephora for the first time and how I wanted to know what to get and she made suggestions.  She said she never tried the eyeshadow before but the colors looked like they would work on me.
Therefore, I picked nothing out myself.  I didn't do any of my own research.  I love when people just tell me what to buy.  Recently I also ordered some Everyday Minerals that another friend told me about. I got a sampler thing of 5 different shades for fair skin.

I did test out the non-messed up eye shadows and they look good.   I tested the bare minerals and I'm not sure the brush was actually working but it is bedtime so I shouldn't put on makeup anyway.  I didn't try out the primer yet.   I will update tomorrow with how it worked out.

*In middle school I did buy shorts and realized the zipper was broken and my dad exchanged them for me.  In 2006, the ficus tree we bought kept falling over so we exchanged it.  In 2007, I exchanged a sweater at NY&Co because the sleeves were too shot so I got a bigger size.   So I can't say I never exchange anything ever because I did actually exchange things those times.    Then a few months back I RETURNED a dress to Victoria's Secret. It just didn't fit right.   That return was a huge step for me and luckily they give you a window to return it because it just sat there wanting to be returned but I was too scared to do it.   
To show how I don't return/exchange things, once at a restaurant they brought me the wrong food. I didn't say a word and just ate the salad they brought me even though I had ordered a different one. 
All growing up my Gram would buy me clothes for Christmas and my birthday and the pants would never be long enough. I would never wear them. A few years later, I'd always donate them to Goodwill with the tags still on them. 

8 comments:

  1. You can return it to any Sephora store. They cover the details on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Returning to a store is something I rarely do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not messed up, it's a cream shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See I think if it was a cream shadow if i rubbed my finger on it over and over that there would be something more than a spec on my finger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, why don't you return things? I mean, stores have return policies for a reason...it's not a bad thing to do - retailers want you to be happy! Sephora is especially awesome - I used half a bottle of face wash from there once and then all the sudden I started having really bad skin issues. I realized it was the wash and they took back the half empty bottle, not questions! Seriously, just take it back - you might feel bad or weird about it at first, but there are people out there that return stuff all the time - every once in a while isn't a big deal at all. Let me know if you have any questions about return policies or anything - I've got most place's policies memorized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't return things (or exchange them) because I was never allowed to growing up. My friends give me a hard time about this. I have had a few friends offer to go to the store with me and maybe even do the talking. I didn't do it.

    Stores ask "are you familiar with our return policy" and I say "No but I don't return or exchange anything ever." and then sometimes they say "well here's our policy just in case" and usually it's like within 30 days with tags or something. Oh I also save all my tags in case I want to return or exchange and I save all my receipts. I just never do it. Oh F21 jewelry you can't return but I'm OK with that since I don't return anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, Colleen, I think you just need to do it! That's so silly you weren't allowed to return things growing up - if you spend your money on something, you should be satisified. Otherwise, you might as well take a $20 bill every week and flush it down the toilet...or better yet, send it to me!

    ReplyDelete