Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 24 - Red (10.24.10)

I woke up and used the exercise bike. I wore my Shaw Shirt from 3rd grade and my RED shorts.  Red shorts = red day. I either got these shorts in high school or freshman year of college.
Later I put on real clothes... well mostly.
Sweater: Express (2007)
Pants: Yoga Pants
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline 9 (I have 2 newer pairs of athletic shoes and seem to keep wearing these)
11:25 AM Breakfast - cereal and half a muffin
11: 35 AM Dessert 
11:50 2nd dessert
12:37 PM - Using a knife since we didn't have a clever.
Once I was done eating, Dave and I started making Chicken Noodle Soup. I have a lot of pictures of the process for another post with the recipe.  I'm just really behind now. I don't want to clutter up this one post with everything. It would be a mile long.

The soup took forever. We started by making chicken stock.  We watched the Steeler game while cooking.
2:15 PM - Poly Hiding

3:07 PM Snack 

3:30 PM - Completed Soup
4:09 PM Steelers are close to winning
4:10 PM Poly was still in my seat.
After we ate, I went to my parents to visit. I got there much later than my mom expected. I think it was around 6.  We went to Rivertown for dinner.  I had fried zucchini and french fries. The fries weren't that good so Timmy ate most of them.  Then we went to my aunts, where I got a box of pictures to scan in. We sat there and talked for awhile so it was after 9:00 PM when we left. Then I had to go back to my parents since they drove me there. Then I left from my parents and it was after 9:30 PM.  I got home around 10:30 and boy was I tired.  I'm pretty sure I just went straight to bed after getting home.

I was disappointed we didn't get enough soup. That recipe didn't make enough. I knew it wasn't going to work the entire time. I kept yelling about it even when we were buying the ingredients.  Dave was the one that read the recipe then he was ordering the chicken and I told him right then and there that it wasn't enough. The entire time we were making it and it was taking forever I was mad. My goal of the soup was to make enough so I could freeze a few containers of it for when I get sick.  That wasn't happening.  We weren't having enough even for 2 meals so I couldn't even take any to my parents for them to taste it. I was bummed. I love sharing food I make with others.

3 comments:

  1. 3rd grade! you're the only other person i know who wears stuff from eons ago (and kudos for fitting into it still!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I am too pale to wear red. Or something about it does not seem to gel with my complexion. I still wear it sometimes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is one of my favorite colors to wear but I'm not sure if it's one of the colors I look the best in or not.

    Someone in college told me I didn't look good in pink.

    ReplyDelete